Connect with us

NEWS

BREAKING NEWS!!! Elon Musk’s two-word response to reports he’s stepping down from role in Trump administration

Published

on

Elon Musk’s two-word response to reports he’s stepping down from role in Trump administration

Elon Musk has pushed back on reports that he would be leaving the Trump administration in the coming weeks with a scathing two-word response.

Donald Trump was said to have informed his inner circle, including members of his Cabinet, that Musk would soon be taking a step back from his prominent role, according to sources cited by Politico and ABC News. Musk has been designated a “special government employee” by Trump as he spearheads sweeping cost-cutting measures under the Department of Government Efficiency (DOGE).

The special government employee status comes with a 130-day mandate, which means his term would be up by the end of May. However, Musk has called reports that Trump privately indicated he’d be stepping back “fake news”, with some suggesting he may stay beyond May.

Musk has been the public face of DOGE
It comes after White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt denied the reports, writing on X: “This ‘scoop’ is garbage. Elon Musk and President Trump have both *publicly* stated that Elon will depart from public service as a special government employee when his incredible work at DOGE is complete.”

Musk reposted Leavitt’s statement, adding: “Yeah, fake news.” The reports came amid widespread speculation that the White House could take special steps to extend Musk’s employment status in some way.

But neither the reports nor Leavitt and Musk’s responses made it clear whether or not Musk will actually leave by the end of his 130-day window or provided any details about when exactly his work will be complete.

The president has also avoided giving a specific leaving date for Musk. When asked specifically about the 130-day special government employee time limit, Trump said Musk will likely have to go back and run Tesla at some point but didn’t say when that would be.

He called the reports ‘fake news’
“Well, I think he’s … amazing. But I also think he’s got a big company to run. And so, at some point he’s going to be going back. He wants to,” Trump said on Monday. Despite backlash from the public and courts, Trump is still pleased with Musk and DOGE’s cost-cutting across the government, sources say.

Musk’s exact role at DOGE is also still unclear. Trump initially declared that Musk was leading the team but court filings have indicated that Musk is not the leader of DOGE and is merely and advisor to the president.

The White House later named Amy Gleason, a former official at the US Digital Service, as the acting DOGE administrator. But Musk has still very much been the public face of DOGE.

The tech billionaire has vowed to slash $2trillion from US government spending and has been cutting thousands of jobs and dismantling federal agencies to do it.

When asked whether he expected to work beyond the 130-day period, Musk told Fox News’ Bret Baier last week: “I think we will have accomplished most of the work required to reduce the deficit by a trillion dollars within that time frame.”

But in a March 10 interview with Fox Business, host Larry Kudrow asked “You going to go another year?” and Musk responded: “Yeah, I think so.”

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

NEWS2 weeks ago

Breaking News: 30 minutes ago ‘Hunter Biden’ refuses to back down on Melania’s billion-dollar lawsuit. Responds: “Never! That’s not going to happen. They’re bullies and they think a billion dollars scares me.” If the President, the First Lady, or any of Epstein’s associates want to testify about their relationship, I’ll gladly give them the floor because I’ve…

NEWS2 weeks ago

BREAKING!!! Putin ‘immediately’ read Melania Trump’s letter in front of delegates at Alaska summit,and it responsed Shocked everyone…see more

NEWS2 weeks ago

JUST IN:Queen Camilla’s Son THROWN OUT of Palace After Prince William Caught Him BULLYING Catherine The palace walls shook with shock. Prince William caught Queen Camilla’s son bullying Catherine—and what happened next changed everything. William made a bold move that stunned insiders and ignited public outrage…SEE MORE

NEWS2 weeks ago

Simone Biles and Jonathan Owens Welcome First Child – But It’s the Baby’s Name and Its Hidden Meaning That’s Leaving NFL and Gymnastics Fans in Total Shock!…..read more👇

NEWS2 weeks ago

Latest Update: 45, and at 3 a.m. today, I finally became a father!.. Both my wife and I are orphans, and no one has congratulated us. Maybe no one will say it, but we want to share this joy anyway . May everyone who blesses us be blessed.

NEWS2 weeks ago

BREAKING NEWS:3 MINUTES AGO! Queen Camilla has urged King Charles to “limit” Prince William’s power within the monarchy because…SEE MORE

NEWS2 weeks ago

Karoline Leavitt UNLOADS on Robert De Niro During LIVE TV Appearance — And Instantly Regrets It in Front of Millions! A moment that left the audience frozen, as Karoline Leavitt furiously unloaded on legendary actor Robert De Niro during a tense, emotionally charged live interview — only to be instantly humiliated in what fans are now calling the most stunning fall from confidence on live TV. What began as a routine exchange quickly spiraled into chaos, as Karoline Leavitt decided to “lecture” De Niro, boldly attacking and challenging him on politics, Hollywood hypocrisy, and the entire system he thought he still controlled.So what exactly did Robert De Niro say… that turned this instant into the biggest in history of live television confrontation? 👇

NEWS2 weeks ago

💔 BREAKING: First Day of School Turns into Nightmare – Sirens, Chaos & Tears 😢🚨 40 children here, 58 there… panic, blood, and prayers. My heart can’t stop crying. Full story below 👇

NEWS2 weeks ago

VERY, VERY SAD NEWS: 25 minutes ago in California, Tom Brady just announced a VERY URGENT UPDATE to his fans that Tom Brady’s farther, Thomas Brady Sr, is now…

NEWS2 weeks ago

JUST IN:William and Kate’s Sweet Revenge: Royal Family Reveals DNA Results of Harry’s Son — Meghan in Tears: ‘So the Royal Bloodline Was Actually…’”see more⤵️

NEWS2 weeks ago

MYSTERY IN THE FINAL HOURS: The Secret Iceland Plane Ticket Found After Antony Tr:agic D:ea:th — And the Questions It Left Behind Three days after Antony l!fe was cut sh0rt, his grieving wife uncovered something that deepened the pain…see more

NEWS2 weeks ago

JUST IN:10 Minutes Ago! Harry ‘Covers His Face’ After Prince Edward Reveals the Paternity Test Results of Him and Lilibet: ‘I Knew It, Her Real Father Turns Out to Be…’” SEE MORE BELOW 👇👇👇

Copyright © 2025 USAok24